Herbal salts are a quick and easy way to incorporate more medicinal herbs into every meal. For this recipe, we specifically choose herbs that are scientifically proven to help boost immune function and lower inflammation levels throughout the body—something we all need during these winter months. Feel free to personalize your salt with any herbs of your liking or ones that you feel your body needs. As always, we recommend checking your local market to see which seasonal herbs are readily available in your region. Local crops are often the most beneficial, as they tend to have more bioavailable nutrients, being fresher due to not having to be shipped long distances.
Although this recipe requires about half an hour of total prep and cook time, it yields enough salt to carry you through many meals while offering an additional boost of vitamins and minerals for each one.
- 2 tablespoons each of parsley, rosemary, oregano, and turmeric (finely chopped)
- 3 tablespoons of flakey sea salt
- Preheat oven to 275°F.
- Mix the sea salt and finely chopped herbs together in a small bowl.
- Evenly spread your herbal salt on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 15–18 minutes.
- Once cool, transfer to an airtight container for storing.
Just as you would with regular salt, use the herbal salt to marinate fish, chicken, or steak. Sprinkle it on top of freshly cooked vegetables, along with a hefty dose of HEAL EVOO, or add it to bone broth for an added mineral boost and antioxidants.