After a long winter, our skin needs some extra love to coax it back to its vibrant self. Open some windows, take a moment to relax, and make your own salve from scratch—it is more therapeutic than you might think. This salve is perfect for dry skin, eczema, psoriasis, minor cuts, bug bites, and cuticle care.
- Medicinal plants and herbs (whatever is available locally)
- Zimms Organics HEAL EVOO
- Essential oil of choice
- Glass jar
- Old saucepan*
- Glass or tin salve containers
*The beeswax may leave a film behind, so don’t use a saucepan you love!
- Collect your plants and herbs based on what is available to you (comfrey, calendula, rosemary, St. John's wort, and chamomile are just some common herbs that offer tremendous healing benefits). Use what you can find!
- Submerge all your botanicals in a glass jar of EVOO and leave on a sunny windowsill to infuse for 2–3 weeks.
- Once sufficiently infused into the oil, strain the botanicals out of the oil using the cheesecloth.
- Pour the herb-infused oil and 1/4 cup of beeswax beads per cup of oil into the saucepan. Heat gently until the wax is melted.
- Remove from heat and stir in 10–20 drops of your preferred essential oil(s).
- Pour into containers and let set to a semi-solid state.
- Enjoy in good health!
Watch full video tutorial here!